Providence Dietician, Lead in Medford, Oregon
Providence is calling a Lead Dietician to Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, Oregon. This is a full-time, day shift position. The scheduled work hours will primarily be Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. However, you will be asked to take some on-call hours on weekends. Applicants with 2 years of experience in a clinical setting as a Dietician are highly encouraged to apply.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
We are seeking a Lead Dietitian who will be responsible for the direction and management of the all functions related to the clinical nutrition area.
The position is responsible for the daily supervision of the clinical personnel and functions as a liaison between the Nutrition
therapy staff and Dietary department. The lead dietitian participates in on-going Quality Improvement activities.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
Ensures clinical practices standards are current:
• Works with Therapy staff to identify and complete annual mandatory education review and competency program.
• Maintains self competency.
•Coordinates ongoing operations of Nutritional Therapy department including inpatient and outpatient services:
• Prepares monthly staffing and monitors based on volume fluctuations.
• Coordinates Community presentations and other special projects/presentations with Nutritional Therapy staff.
• Responsible for managing within annual budget.
• Plans/reviews policies and procedures for department.
• Monitors patient satisfaction/customer service as it relates to special diets and patient education:
• Reviews Press Ganey scores monthly and makes changes/recommendations based on scores.
• Coaches and counsels staff as needed for behavior that does not meet excellent customer service.
• Ensures that patient education materials are current with Dietary Manual.
• Selects, monitors and evaluates staff performance:
• Responsible for interviewing perspective employees and hiring new staff in conjunction with Director of General
• Confers with other departments/customers, regarding Nutritional therapy personnel and their efficiency and conduct.
• Provides staff evaluations in a timely manner.
• Identifies performance issues and initiates progessive discipline process in consultation with director
Required qualifications for this position includes:
Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics and Nutrition; approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
Must be registered with the Commission on Dietetics Registration, and maintain registration status with continuing education programs approved by the American Dietetic Association
2 years experience in clinical setting as a registered Dietitian.
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
CNSC or CDE preferred.
Experience with electronic medical record
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Dieticians and Clinical Nutrition Specialists (Licensed)
Req ID: 298006